Apple cider vinegar is produced by fermentation of apple cider. Cider is a liquid made out of apples. It is a non-alcoholic and unsweetened beverage. During the process of fermentation of apple cider, yeast and bacteria breaks down the sugar to form alcohol. This fermented liquid is then used to make vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar has several uses. It is used to make pickles, dressing salads and also for killing weeds. Apple cider vinegar can be made at home using “mother of vinegar”. If you are buying from market, make sure that it is organic and unpasteurized. Organic vinegar is free from preservatives and other forms of chemical additives.
Apple cider vinegar is used for treating a wide range of ailments. It is said that Hippocrates had used it as an antibiotic medicine to treat his patients. Listed below are some of the medicinal uses of apple cider vinegar.
1. Apple cider vinegar is rich in essential nutrients like sodium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, chloride, copper, magnesium, pectin and vitamins A, B (B1, B2, and B6), C and E. Owing to its nutrients it helps in nourishing the body by treating various deficiencies.
2. Apple cider vinegar contains pectin which is a water-soluble fiber. When consumed, this pectin forms a thick fibrous matter which helps in curing diarrhea. It soothes the inner lining of colon and reduces intestinal spasms. For relieving diarrhea, take a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water.
3. A mixture of apple cider vinegar, warm water and honey can reduce indigestion and its symptoms like bloating, heart burn and gastritis. Apple cider vinegar is also rich in pectin which helps in relieving constipation.
4. Apple cider vinegar helps in curing sinusitis. A mixture of apple cider vinegar and water can also help in clearing nose block.5. Apple cider vinegar helps in relieving hiccups. It helps in improving the secretion of stomach acid and restores diaphragm spasms.
6. Apple cider vinegar helps in removing body odor. It maintains the pH level of the skin and thus neutralizes the body odor. You can soak your feet in warm and diluted apple cider vinegar to remove the bad smell on your feet. Similarly, you can apply apple cider vinegar to your armpits to kill the sour smell.
7. Apple cider vinegar helps in relieving cold, sore throat, cough and congestion. Take a glass of water and add crushed ginger, honey and a spoon of apple cider vinegar. Gargle with this solution to get rid of sore throat.
8. Apple cider vinegar is rich in enzymes and amino acids which help in neutralizing lactic acid. It also contains lots of electrolytes which help in relieving lethargy and exhaustion. When you are too exhausted take some vegetable or fruit juice mixed with a spoon of apple cider vinegar.
9. Apple cider vinegar helps in reducing leg cramps. The contents of apple cider vinegar dissolve the acid crystals which are responsible for causing pain. Drinking diluted apple cider vinegar mixed with honey can help you in reducing leg cramps.
10. Apple cider vinegar is rich in acidic agents. This helps in reducing bad breath and curing gingivitis. Its anti-bacterial properties kill the microbes that are responsible for bad breath. Gargling with diluted apple cider vinegar can also help in removing stains from your teeth.
11. It contains enzymes that encourage the growth of useful bacteria in the stomach. This also helps in killing unwanted yeasts in our body. Apple cider vinegar contains certain antiseptic agents that help in curing fungal and bacterial infections of nails and skin. It is also effective in curing candidiasis, bladder infection and ear infection.
Follow all the news about Green Living, American Made, Pets, Education, and Child Health by subscribing to my articles. Click on the "Subscribe" button, or here: http://www.examiner.com/user-bmader. Visit my blog for a chuckle at: http://barb-says.blogspot.com.
cheap retro 11
cheap jordans for kids
cheap jordan shoes for men
cheap jordan shoes
jordan retro 11
jordan shoes for sale cheap